Thursday, June 10, 2010

Octupus...the ultimate mother

When someone thinks of a great mother, June Clever is obviously out the door but our 8 legged sea friend the octopus takes the prize. Once she layes her eggs, she will stay with them in her underwater burrow for 3 weeks or so until the eggs hatch. Even if she is starving, she will not leave her burrow so by the time the babies swim out, the mother shortly dies from starvation. What a sacrifice the mother octopus gives for the survival of her offspring. It makes me wonder if i can be more like this ultimate octomom. When I feel like being selfish, can I put my wants to the back burner and keep my children's needs foremost?! When someone becomes a parent, they are no longer a single entity but now a guardian and teacher of new life. What a wonderful gift to give, ones own life..life of knowledge and love for ones own future in their child.

1 comment:

Pam said...

That is really neat...I never knew that...learn something knew everyday.